Software Engineer (Video)
The Software Engineer (Video) will help ByteNite team building a grid computing framework supporting distributed video processing.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain microservices to support server-side video transcoding.
- Work with other developers to create sustainable, well-architected solutions that are built to last and collaborate to oversee the whole development lifecycle.
- Conduct in-depth research activities on media codecs and containers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience with C++ and Python programming.
- 1+ years of experience with FFmpeg tools and libraries.
- Solid knowledge in modern video codecs such as H.264, H.265, VP8/VP9 and AV1 and in adaptive streaming technology especially HLS and MPEG-DASH.
- Experience in building media streaming and transcoding pipelines.
- Good competence in data engineering and algorithms.
- Good knowledge of English language (spoken and written, level B2+).
Additional preferred competences:
- Familiarity with 3D rendering process and technologies.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related subjects.
- Agile Software Developments: Scrum, Kanban, CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins and similar), TDD and pair programming.
- Good knowledge of the Go programming language.
Job location: Milan or remote
Job type: Full time
via Niccolò Copernico, 38,
20125 Milano, Italia
P. IVA 11765530966
94158 California, USA